This is a poem that I wrote over ten years ago. Somehow, it seems complete to me. At various points in our lives, we feel constricted. Maybe our life in reality doesn't match what we picture as our life subconsciously. The battle waging within ourselves can cause much lamentation. This is a description of the end of confrontation and the beginning of emergence and fulfillment. I hope you enjoy it. I hope you all have something to say and contribute.
“ACCEPTANCE”
As day lazily drifts
Into obscure darkness
I sit alone in my cell
And savor the effects
Only caused by a serene Spring night.
The whole picture
Soaks into my enchanted solitude
And perpetuates a joyous freedom.
I feel that I can fly
And free myself from this detention.
The clouds become dazzling apparitions,
Beckoning me to their loftiness.
A cloud staircase appears before me.
I spread my newly-spawned wings
And awake from my captivity.
As higher and higher I fly
The lighter I become, and
The more I see.
I am an eagle’s majestic piercing orb
Peering at the world through a magnifying lens.
The clouds open to greet me.
Surrounded by purity and cleanliness,
I invite the clouds to close around me.
And through the dense obscurity of fading light
At last, I find myself...acceptance.
No comments:
Post a Comment