So, now I've gone and done it. My blog, "According to James," is up and running. Somehow I feel way behind all of a sudden. Do you ever have that feeling? The one where you're playing the game, but you're not really sure of all the rules? Yeah, that's where I am. I'm just hoping that no one else knows the rules any better than I do. But one must begin, right?
My primary ambition for this blog isn't so that other people can keep tabs on me and what I've been doing. Frankly, I don't think it would be very interesting to hear about just me. At any rate, we have a family blog at http://www.wyettfamily.blogspot.com/ for those that want to hear about the family exploits. We are always running around doing stuff. So, as a family, we're pretty interesting. I'm just a cog in that wheel.
The real reason for this website is so I can voice my many opinions. Share different things I've written. Give an honest book review or movie review. Pass along what I may consider wisdom...or at least nuggets of info that I may have just stumbled upon and found interesting, beautiful, or inspiring.
I've been writing short stories, poetry, critiques, news stories and "verbal pictures" for many years now. Not many people have read them, but I would like the opportunity to express myself in these ways by exposing them to anyone interested. I would love the same honest, loving, scathing critique of my own works that I freely give to everyone else's. Believe me when I say that I am not shy. I can take a harsh blow to my creative ego. The hope is that one day, I'll be able to deliver something that is great. So, bring it on! Let the pen fly! I am grateful that you may take an interest in my little project.
No comments:
Post a Comment